Saturday, January 20, 2007

Day 7

Happy Sunday Morning to you! If you’re up and spending some time with the Lord this morning I applaud you! I have the hardest time being disciplined on weekends about escaping for some time with God! I pray that God speaks to your heart this morning (or day or evening – whenever you read this!).

Remember to start with prayer:

Lord Jesus Christ, speak to me.

Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. 1 Corinthians 9:19-23

The next of our core values at The Bridge is:

Timeless Message, Relevant Way.
We value relevance without compromising doctrinal soundness.

The good news about God’s Son Jesus dying for the sins of the world that we might believe in Him and receive Him into our life is a message of good news for all the world. Everyone, everywhere ought to have opportunity to hear and respond to this message. This message should never change. But, as our core value states, the way we present that message needs to relevant! Too often, we want to package the Message in the way that suits us best and share it only that way. But every culture, every community, every person is different. We want to share the good news with them, but we should also want to find a way to relate that message in the most relevant way to the hearer. In the Scripture above, the apostle Paul talked about his strategy to present the good news in a relevant way to different audiences.

What about us? Who are we trying to share the good news with? Is our good news only packaged in one way, or are we praying and looking for ways to present the gospel uniquely and with relevance to the people God has placed in our lives??? The good news is the same. We may just need to find new and relevant ways to share this news “for the sake of the gospel, that [we] may share in its blessings.”

PS – How are you doing in reading through the NT? I’m a little behind still, but I’ll do my best to catch up! I love reading Scripture and noticing new things, being remind of old favorites, and realizing how much I’ve got to learn about my great God and Savior!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home