Monday, September 18, 2006

Attitude of Gratitude

I seem to always have a hard time coming up with ideas to write on the blog but was inspired by a message taught at our church yesterday. The speaker happened to mention a habit that I use to be in the habit of doing but only do occasionally now. That habit was the act of giving thanks to God for ten things from yesterday that happended or that I just happen to be thankful for, before getting out of bed. I was challenged to start this habit by another speaker at a conference I attended many moons ago. So, this morning, before I got out of bed, I thanked God for ten things from yesterday. I will not be able to recount them all here, but I'll give it my best shot:

1) For newcomers that visited our church. I love newcomers! Our church exists for God and them.

2) For a great message by Matt. He did an awesome job.

3) For our new worship leader and his wife!

4) For the fact that our media program went completely haywire and we had to worship without the media. It was a good reminder to focus on God and not stuff.

5) For all the people serving in our church. We have so many people making so many sacrifices!

6) That my wife returned safely home from a trip to Savannah with her college friends!

7) For my awesome son! We had some great father/son time this weekend with Courtney gone.

8) I don't remember

9) I don't remember

10) I thanked God for God. I was reminded that God is the only thing worth living for and not to forget Him in the midst of recalling all His blessings.

Ephesians 5:19-20 says, "Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. "

What are you grateful for from yesterday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home