Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day 17 - Attitude is Everything

Lord Jesus Christ, speak to me.

By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. Hebrews 11:8-10


A great theologian once said, “Attitude is everything.” Okay, actually, I believe Andre Aggasi use to say that in his Nikon camera commercials. But I think it’s a great principle. Make sure you read the Scripture above. It’s from the “Faith” chapter of the Bible. I’ve been thinking about a couple of different attitudes with which I can approach everyday – fear or faith. God called Abraham to do some pretty scary things. He wanted him to uproot his family and go somewhere – but didn’t tell him where. Abraham had a nice, settled, comfortable life. But he also believed God. He apparently believed that obeying (believing) God was greater than fearing what might happen if God didn’t come through on His promise.

Being a Christ-follower is a life of faith. I can wake up everyday and worry and fear about what is going to happen. I can fear about what it is going to cost me to follow after God – to go where he sends me. And, if you’ve lived that life of fear (I do occasionally), you know it is no fun. Fear is crippling. Or, we can embrace faith. We can believe God when He says something. Faith is freeing. It’s positive. It’s uplifting. We can get out of bed and face the day head on. We can say, “God has promised. He is going to take care of me. I reject fear and embrace faith.” And then, we jump into the day with hope and a desire to see what God is going to do.

If fear is crippling you, take a step of faith. Look at what God has promised you in His Word. Believe it. Embrace it. Free yourself!

See ya tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home