Friday, February 16, 2007

Day 33 - A Pattern for Prayer - Part 3 of 4

Good morning everyone! Hope you've been having a great week. I must admit, I've been a little anxious this week. I keep praying and asking God to make sense of this anxiety I'm having. I still haven't figured it out yet. Anyway...

Lord Jesus Christ, speak to me.

Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before. Then these men went as a group and found Daniel praying and asking God for help. Daniel 6:10-11

The "T" in ACTS stands for thanksgiving. The biblical character Daniel didn't pray any prayers of thanks in his prayer in chapter 9 of Daniel (that's what we've looked at the past two days). But if you go back to chapter 6 (above) you see that Daniel was definitely in the habit of giving thanks. Apparently, he had three special times of the day that he set aside to connect with God and part of that time in prayer was used giving thanks.

We have a ton to be thankful for. I know I do. My wife. My son. My home. My health (I could be a quadriplegic or dead if not for modern medicine and a lot of prayer). Friends. A job. Avery comfortable life. Heat. Electricity. Moe's. Long John Silvers. Okay. I know I'm getting a little petty, but I can and should be thankful for even the small stuff! And God hears and answers my prayers. I am thankful for that too.

Take some time today, like Daniel, and set it aside to pray. Begin with ADORATION. Reflect back to God how wonderful He is. The get honest with God. CONFESS what you've done wrong. Ask His forgiveness. Then take some time to THANK God for the blessings in your life.

Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home