Friday, September 22, 2006

TGIF

I've got to give some e-props to a friend of mine named Kevin. He is a senior at Athens Drive High School. He has been the youth "intern" at the church I use to work at and he was the speaker at their youth worship night this past Wednesday. Long story short, his message was really great and from the heart. And during the message, there was a powerpoint slide on the screen that included the letters "TGIF. " I leaned over and asked my wife, "Why do they have a random slide with 'TGIF' on it?" Finally, at the end of his message he told us that "TGIF" was there to remind us to wake up every day and say, "Today God Is First." He encouraged us to wake up each morning and think, "TGIF." Then he encouraged us to take it a step farther and wake up each morning and stand up in our bed and scream, "TODAY GOD IS FIRST!" Well Kevin, I'm not in bed still this morning, but I'll still give it a shot. Let's see what happens...Ha! That was funny! Courtney was in the kitchen banging around and Jackson was babbling, but all went silent when I yelled, and Courtney said I scared Jackson and he clung to her legs! Don't worry, he's fine now and back to watching "Higgly Town Heros."

Anyway...TGIF. I hope we all will attempt to put God and others in front of our own needs each day. And thanks to Kevin for allowing God to use him to speak to our hearts. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home