Thursday, February 01, 2007

Day 18 - Tito Chavez

Lord Jesus Christ, speak to me.

Romans 16:1-16

Yesterday I went to the funeral of Tito Chavez. He was 14 years old. In eighth grade. Tito collapsed while playing with friends on Saturday, and emergency services were unable to revive him. The funeral was great celebration of Tito’s life and an outpouring of affection for him from so many who’s lives Tito had impacted. As I sat and listened to this celebration of his life, I so wished Tito could have been there to hear it. Tito brought a lot of joy to people. I can’t imagine that he had any enemies. But I wished he could hear how much people loved him and how people viewed his life. And in made me think, why do we have to wait for a funeral to celebrate someone’s life? And, of course, we don’t have to. Instead of waiting for a funeral, why not celebrate life today? Who’s life has touched you? Can you go to them today, or call them, or email them, to express your love and appreciation for the gift that their life has been to you??? The scripture link above takes you to Romans 16 where the apostle Paul took time to encourage and thank people in his letter. God has blessed us with a lot of great people who love us, model Christ to us, encourage us, etc. Let’s take some time to celebrate them in life. Thanks Tito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home