Wednesday, October 04, 2006

George Castanza, hospital, and what's is worng with our world?

When it comes to blogging, I often feel like George Castanza when he called Jerry and got his answering machine. He said something to the effect of, "Hi Jerry. It's George. I've got nothing to say." Click. Most of the time when I think about blogging, my mind goes blank. It makes me feel like my life is incredibly uninteresting. And to many, my life would be plain. I ate lunch with one of my best friends yesterday, and another friend from high school. It seems to me that their lives are much more interesting than my own. I am quite entertained by them. But, I am very satisfied/content with my life. I am who God has created me to be and He is shaping me into who He wants me to be. I'm grateful for the life I have.

Anyway...having said all that...I started reflecting on what I could write about. What is happening in my life? Is there anything interesting or "blog worthy?" What really comes to mind is two things. For one, someone I know just went into the hospital on Monday with all these strange symptoms. At first it seemed quite serious, and the hospital folk didn't seem to know what was wrong with her at first. It really made me worry. What if? What if she is really sick? What if she does not recover? How will that impact her family? Why would that happen? Please God, don't let anything bad happen. And it didn't. She seems to be fine and recovering now and will be home soon. But what about all those "what if's?" It seems we don't take life seriously enough. We don't take it seriously enough to appreciate it and to enjoy it. We don't take time to thank God for what we have and to truly love those around us. We (I) take so much for granted.

Also, the second thing I thought of. Something really bad happened to someone I know just a few days ago. I can't share the details, but suffice it to say that there are bad people in the world who do all kinds of horrific things. It kills me that our society/world just seems to shrug their shoulder at the problem of evil. It as if we have just resigned to the fact that it is out there and there is nothing we can do about. And really, what can we do? Hopefully, we can keep ourselves from being idiots and harming other people, and maybe, we can invest our lives in others and share with them the love of God and they will turn from their wicked ways and lead a fruitful life. Why do people do such awful things? What possesses them to harm others? It amazes me how selfish we all can be. I'm as guilty as the next guy in that category.

Well, as you can tell, I'm frustrated. I think about the news of late and the school killings, and other murders, and abductions, and geez, what is wrong with people? We (our society) needs some life change. We need some repentance. We need to get right with God. Let's all pray for our world and that God would be gracious and offer us all a second (or third or more) chance.

Anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home